Enenews Headlines For 8/15/2013
- Tepco: “Significant density” of Alpha radiation leaking from Unit 3 at Fukushima — Steam seen at reactor building is likely from gas “leaked from the head of the PCV”
- Reuters: Corrosion from salt has weakened Fukushima No. 4 fuel pool — Concern quake to ‘topple’ building — 14,000 hiroshima bombs worth of cesium-137 inside
- Expert: Recent Xenon detections in S. Korea may be from Fukushima reactors — Criticality or ‘spontaneous fission of curium’ to blame?
- Ex-Fukushima Worker: High risk they will break fuel rods in Unit 4 pool — Gundersen: Nuclear chain reaction risk if assemblies break; “You can’t stop it, no control rods to control it” — Consultants: World’s most serious radiological disaster by far
- New footage of Louisiana sinkhole shows oil sheen covering surface — “At 500 feet, air is thick with smell of crude” during recent flyover — Officials plan in case subsidence forces highway to shut down (VIDEO)
- Bloomberg: Much more than 300 tons of contaminated water a day entering Pacific from Fukushima? Data’s been “cooked” all along — It’s polluting North Asia — Oceans have no boundary